Executive Director, Head of Security Engineering
Posting Date: 12-May-2022
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Security Engineering is part of CISO function. The Head of Security Engineering is reporting to the Singapore CISO and leads a department of multiple engineering teams developing and maintaining key security technologies, from advanced security tools for DLP, scanning and security automation, as well as controls of hardening systems and ensuring that good security engineering protection is in place.
• Security automation
• Automated vulnerability scanning
• Data Loss prevention tools and DLP network controls.
• Tools for detection and event and security monitoring, e.g. SIEM and advanced big data systems for the Security Operations Centre
• Ensure Hardening of systems (distributed and host based systems) is implemented to high standards and to support effective deployment of new banking projects effectively and in a timely manner.
• Manage and ensure high standards for the portfolio of Hardware Security Modules deployed within UOB and that systems depending on them have a high resiliency.
• Work as a key member of the Security Senior Leadership Team to develop plans for Security Technology roadmaps and project plans jointly with the Program Management office
• Ensure that best practices, development processes and highly reliable controls are being followed by the Security Engineering teams
Change the bank
• Development and deployment of new and enhanced security tools and technologies
Run the bank
• Ensure security systems as critical systems for the bank administered and maintained effectively and with a very high degree of resiliency and reliability.
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline
• At least 15 years of IT experience in Information security functions of a large organization, with at least 5 years in
• Experience in running an IT engineering or IT Security engineering function with multiple teams.
• Experience operating IT systems in high control and high availability environments, like the Financial Services industry.
• Broad understanding of the key aspects of IT which includes strategic planning, application implementation & support, IT Infrastructure, Vendor & Contract Management, Cyber Security, IT audit, IT governance, Risk management and business continuity planning
• Hands-on experience in developing IT plans, IT policies & procedures, and IT Portfolio, and management & accounting of IT budget & expenditure, service and delivery measurement, reporting and provision of secretariat support to Governance Committee.
• Extensive experience in working collaboratively across teams and to lead others through problem solving challenges.
• Experience in setting up systems and processes for security technologies and security engineering of a large IT organization.
• Good planning skill especially in planning and management of IT investment portfolio.
• Ability to lead change, and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Ability to set up and manage performance tracking system.
• Capability in data analysis particularly in analyzing large amount of data to produce effective reports.
• Ability to identify and improve on work & process inefficiencies.
• Certification in ITIL Foundation, CITPM. PMP, CISSP or CGEIT would be advantages.
• Very good communication, writing and presentation skill
• Strong leadership skills, managing a small direct team and a variety of key stakeholders from external regulators to internal leaders across the group
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, able to conceptualize and frame problem statements and prioritise issues to enable a clear and effective path to resolution
• Good organization skill
• Able to work independently, lead a team and work across teams with minimal supervision.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.